E-MEALZ EASY AND DELICIOUS DINNER RECIPES
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Dining Out


37 weeks pregnant

Goldie and Kristen

Chris and Jennifer, our fellow Aggies!


The Piper!

Cheese!


Joe and Casey - Goldie's roommate on the boat!


Parading the Beef!

Elvis


One thing about the Navy is that there is no lack for formal dinners! Last week we had a "Dining Out" for the USS Eisenhower wardroom! It was a fun event with all the protocols!

Unfortunately I had a stomach bug a couple days before and I still felt miserable the day of the dinner! We had reserved a room at the Marriott for that night since mother was here and could watch Kenan! I had decided I would at least go to the hotel and take advantage of sleeping in if nothing else! When we got to the hotel I decided to go ahead and shower and start getting ready and see how I felt! By the time I got completely ready I felt pretty good! So fortunately I got to go!

It was fun to meet all the people that Goldie works with on the boat! The dinner had much excitement with a Piper, fines, drinking from the grog, parading the beef, toasts and other protocol that had to be followed! The proceedings were moderated by Mr. President (the CO) and Mr. Vice!

Later they had a dance and they actually played country music! So Goldie and I cut a rug - we two stepped and jitterbugged hoping it might put me into labor to no avail! I am sure it was quite a sight with me 37 weeks pregnant out on the dance floor! It was fun nonetheless! We definitely took advantage of being able to sleep in the next morning - it was after 1000 that we finally woke up! That was like an early Christmas present!

No comments: